REACH AUTHORISATION PROCEDURE
TS code: AM-L-TS3
The lecture describes the management of substances listed in Annex XIV of the REACH Regulation and the related obligations of the manufacturer or importer intending to place them on the market. The lecture also informs about the obligations of a downstream user using substances from the list of substances subject to authorization (Annex XIV).
The aim of the lecture is to familiarize participants with the obligations arising from the use of substances from the list of substances subject to authorization (Annex XIV) and the authorization procedure.
The lecture indicates how to use ECHA’s website to obtain authorization for a substance on the list of substances subject to authorization (Annex XIV). The lecture contains the knowledge necessary to correctly solve the exercises contained in the file : AM-E-TS3.
- Purpose of authorisation
- Classification of SVHC in the hazard class
- General authorisation procedure
- DU’s obligations in the context of the authorization procedure
- Preparation for submitting the application
- Conditions of European Commission decisions which authorization holders have to fulfill
- Submission of a downstream user notification of uses authorised
- Decision to authorisation and review of authorisations
- Specific informations for downstream users
- Substance from the authorization list (example)
- Examples of exemptions from authorisation